Give children healthy lives by creating a daily habit of being physically active within the community.
Active Habit Manifesto:
- Kids spending long hours in front of screens daily and little time being active is becoming a norm with severe negative consequences.
- Kids need to be in a healthy group of peers, and make physical activity a habit that they have personal and group commitment to.
- Parents and student volunteers can efficiently supervise fun and safe local activities.
- Doing things as locally as possible saves time, money, and the environmental impact of driving.
The Long Term Plan:
- Facilitate community level cooperation for year-wide choices of convenient and affordable activities and play.
- Kids would track their personal activity achievement with a points system.
- Adults could track their community involvement to efficiently channel their time and talents into mentoring, supervision, or financial support
- An online system will be a focal point enabling kids and volunteers to come together for continuously ongoing activities throughout the year
- Adequate screening and mentoring of volunteers will ensure that kids are safe at all times
|Group rate ski trips to COP||Tennis, with teaching for beginners|
|Group biking trips||Neighbourhood walks and hikes|
|Community hiking trips to mountains||Ultimate Disc mini-leagues|
|Pickup soccer games||Group trips to Olympic Oval|
|Interpretive dance||Karate or kung-fu|
|Bad Weather / Offtime Activities|